Our Lilly Pod

Our Lilly Pod
She loves to "1..2..3..RUN!!"

About Us

It's me and my handsome husband, Devon, our adorable daughter, Lilly, our sweet dog Stoli and our fat and fabulous cat, Kringle. This is our family and with the help of our fertility guru/genius doctor we are expecting TWO miracle additions in February, 2009. We enjoy our beautiful family and friends and the wonderful life we are lucky enough to have.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

IUI to IVF Flip Flop!!

My world turned topsy turvy yesterday....hello! I haven't been on in a few days b/c it's been C-R-A-Z-Y, crazy around my house. First off, I spent all last week getting our house ready for our first open house that didn't happen. We just were not ready. So we are doing it this Sunday. I was able to breathe a little bit when we changed the date to this Sunday...UNTIL!!!....the nurse calls me from BIVF on Monday and tells me that I have 12 follicles and I will either have to cancel the cycle altogether or convert it over to IVF. I was shaking in my shoes when the words came out of her mouth. My 150iu of gonal-f was working my ovaries overtime, man!! Not to mention my left ovary is popping out of my shirt practically b/c it's filled with fun follies. So anyhow, the verdict is that I'm converting this to IVF. I am extremely lucky to have it covered by insurance...but now it's been a Chinese Fire Drill getting the rest of the meds I need to finish this cycle out, get everything signed and scheduled for this to happen. My nurse called me today and let me know I will be triggering tomorrow at some point for a Friday ER. Yesterday I could barely breathe, but today I feel more confident in the process. I sat down with my doctor and he explained the whole dealy to me. He's a great guy...he's like.."So are you excited?? Nervous?? All of the above??". Ummmm, yeah! Holy crap, of course! It looks like Monday will be the 3dt b/c that is "what they do" at BIVF. I don't care as long as it works.

I took Lilly to the pool and to Tumble Time at the Y today, which is something we both needed. We had a great day having fun and putting IF on the back burner. With the whole house thing and this IVF-crazy train, I have been feeling so bad that Lil' and I haven't spent a ton of time having fun. So today was Lilly Day!!

No comments: