Our Lilly Pod

Our Lilly Pod
She loves to "1..2..3..RUN!!"

About Us

It's me and my handsome husband, Devon, our adorable daughter, Lilly, our sweet dog Stoli and our fat and fabulous cat, Kringle. This is our family and with the help of our fertility guru/genius doctor we are expecting TWO miracle additions in February, 2009. We enjoy our beautiful family and friends and the wonderful life we are lucky enough to have.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Shot and a Beer

3dp3dt
Uuugh, I woke up crying this morning from another one of those fabulous IF nightmares. This happened last cycle too...God, I hope it's not a sign. Dev and I were again sitting with other husbands and wives waiting to hear if I was pregnant or not. But this time instead of being in the clinic waiting room we were in a bar, of all places. The couples that weren't pregnant got a shot and a beer and the lucky ones that were pregnant got milk. Of course, we got the shot and the beer. I'm haunted and now I'm convinced that this IVF didn't work. SUCKS!!! I wish I could shut my brain off for the next week until the beta test.

My sister and her husband and kids are leaving Sunday to go to Grand Cayman. We were supposed to go with them. We opted out b/c I thought I'd be pregnant by now and probably not able to fly....it gives me chills to think all this time has passed. My uterus is still empty!! We could be flying off to Grand Cayman and having a relaxing time not thinking about my empty uterus! Damn!!! Damn!!! And did I mention it was a free timeshare that my other sister and her husband didn't end up using???? We would only have to pay airfare??? Yup, dumb dumb dumb is me. I had too much faith in my body working correctly and now Lilly, Devon and I will be stuck here in lovely MA for a week and a half while my sister and her family swim with the stingrays at Stingray City!!! Sigh...ha..ha..sorry you were invited to my pity party. More and more, I think I'm ready for a break if this IVF doesn't work.

No comments: