Our Lilly Pod

Our Lilly Pod
She loves to "1..2..3..RUN!!"

About Us

It's me and my handsome husband, Devon, our adorable daughter, Lilly, our sweet dog Stoli and our fat and fabulous cat, Kringle. This is our family and with the help of our fertility guru/genius doctor we are expecting TWO miracle additions in February, 2009. We enjoy our beautiful family and friends and the wonderful life we are lucky enough to have.

Monday, July 7, 2008

I Love Weekends!

It was so nice to spend three days as a family together. I love it when Devon has more days off than just the normal 2-day weekend. Now is even more special b/c he can help me out with Lilly while I suffer endlessly (okay, enough drama queen!) with nausea and exhaustion. He is such an amazing dad to Lil. They are the best of buddies, they play nonstop and it's so much fun watching them. Lilly had her 2 yr. doctor's appt. this morning. The poor babe had a Hepatitis shot and then they took a small bit of blood to test her for lead. She was so scared and I absolutely HATE putting her on the table for a shot. To see your child's face, filled with tremendous fear of what is going to happen to her, is totally gut-wrenching. She did really well though, I think most of her tears come from being scared than the actual shot. She didn't want to stand on the scale by herself to get weighed (who the hell does??) so the nurse had me stand on the scale with Lilly for a total, and then by myself. Then she subtracted my weight from our total. Can you imagine my humiliation??? First off, I've been eating everything but the kitchen sink lately...do you really think I'm mentally or emotionally ready to stand on a scale these days???? Shit, I ate an entire piece of white chocolate macadamia cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory last night!!! Didn't this nurse get the memo???! So, I was literally 130 lbs at my yearly physical about 3 weeks ago.......ready? The nurse today weighed me at 134. CRAP!!!! I'm in trouble already. Tomorrow, I hit the gym again!! That's it!!
Oh what the hell, pass the Ben and Jerry's!!

No comments: