Our Lilly Pod
She loves to "1..2..3..RUN!!"
About Us
- Jody jsusann
- It's me and my handsome husband, Devon, our adorable daughter, Lilly, our sweet dog Stoli and our fat and fabulous cat, Kringle. This is our family and with the help of our fertility guru/genius doctor we are expecting TWO miracle additions in February, 2009. We enjoy our beautiful family and friends and the wonderful life we are lucky enough to have.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
My Dear Friend's Miracle
My incredible friend is labor right now as we speak...actually she may even be pushing! I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear the next update. You see, I am so proud and honored to have her as my friend. She has had some health complications in her life. When she was born, her mom didn't know she was having twins (back then they didn't know anything!). My friends twin brother was born first and was a healthy 7-ish lbs. Then the doctor told her mother that there was another baby inside her uterus. That was when my friend was born at 2lbs. Being born at 2lbs is a challenge for anybody, now and especially back in the 70's. My friend fought her way into the world and then when she was in her early teens she had to have her ovaries removed due to complications with the organs. She has had her eggs frozen all this time and via many necessary hormonal treatments to trick her body into believing she had ovaries, and IVF, she became pregnant and is now giving birth to a son. I have been taking in every little speck of her journey to becoming pregnant as well as her exciting and miraculous pregnancy. When I was going through my own smaller version of infertility, her story and her strength gave me hope and continuously built up my courage and will to keep trying. I cannot wait to hear the rest of her amazing story when she calls to tell me about her new baby boy. It will be so special to hear his name announced to the world. I couldn't be happier for her at this moment b/c I know exactly what the feeling is to look into your newborn's sparkling new eyes for the first time. I am so thrilled that she is going to have this incredible opportunity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is amazing. I didn't think they could really freeze eggs or freeze them very well. How wonderful for your friend! I wish her all the best with her new baby!!
Post a Comment