

I really wish more people could say this, truly. I hear so many stories. I have to tell you that my in-laws really are the most wonderful people. I think I landed under a lucky star when I married my husband, b/c not only is he absolutely fabulous (of course ; ), but he comes from the closest, happiest, most caring and fun family. Sorry to sound so sappy and overboard, but I can't help it, it's been on my mind alot lately. Sometimes it just amazes me that I got so lucky.
Do you ever look back at your life, look at the difficult times (which we've all had, here and there) and think how you ever got to where you are today? I do, all the time, as a matter of fact. My immediate family is great too, don't get me wrong. I love them with all of my heart and they are a blast! But who gets lucky enough to have two incredible families? Of course, there are the typical ups and downs like any family has, but they are invisible compared to all the laughs and great memories we have created with eachother.
I guess the reason I bring this up is b/c we had such a beautiful reunion with Devon's Aunt B. and Uncle J. a couple of weekends ago (see pics). They live in Florida and so we don't get to see them often enough. The last time we were able to visit with them was when they were gracious enough to travel up and attend our wedding in 2005. I correspond with Devon's aunt all the time, but it was so refreshing to sit down, have a glass of lemonade and catch up with her in person. Part of the reason why it was so special is b/c Devon's mom, Linda, died of ovarian cancer when Devon was 21. He was 2 weeks away from graduating college when she died. She battled cancer on and off for a few years. I know Devon has never been the same since she passed away, it was very hard on him and his dad and sister. Devon's Aunt B. was his mom's only sibling. That is why visiting with her was such a special event. It gave us all a chance (especially Devon and his sister) to talk about Linda and all the wonderful, loving memories they all have of her life. It is so hard to accept that such terrible things happen to such wonderful people.
Devon's dad eventually got remarried to an AMAZING woman, Mary. I love her with all of my heart, she is like another mother/best friend to me. Mary and Devon's dad are already planning to come up for a week to stay with us after the twins are born. I am beyond thrilled! They are the best, we never have to ask them for anything. They are always offering to help with everything, when they don't have to. They are fantastic people and I cannot express how appreciative I am to have them as my family.
I just rec'd these wonderful pictures in the mail from Aunt B. in Florida. These pics were from their visit to us in Massachusetts a couple of weeks ago. It was a priceless day with alot of laughs, memories and tons of delicous food! I wish I could have had one of those delicious cocktails they were making but I have to say, the ginger ale spritzers that my BIL, Pete, made were just perfect for me. : )))
Do you ever look back at your life, look at the difficult times (which we've all had, here and there) and think how you ever got to where you are today? I do, all the time, as a matter of fact. My immediate family is great too, don't get me wrong. I love them with all of my heart and they are a blast! But who gets lucky enough to have two incredible families? Of course, there are the typical ups and downs like any family has, but they are invisible compared to all the laughs and great memories we have created with eachother.
I guess the reason I bring this up is b/c we had such a beautiful reunion with Devon's Aunt B. and Uncle J. a couple of weekends ago (see pics). They live in Florida and so we don't get to see them often enough. The last time we were able to visit with them was when they were gracious enough to travel up and attend our wedding in 2005. I correspond with Devon's aunt all the time, but it was so refreshing to sit down, have a glass of lemonade and catch up with her in person. Part of the reason why it was so special is b/c Devon's mom, Linda, died of ovarian cancer when Devon was 21. He was 2 weeks away from graduating college when she died. She battled cancer on and off for a few years. I know Devon has never been the same since she passed away, it was very hard on him and his dad and sister. Devon's Aunt B. was his mom's only sibling. That is why visiting with her was such a special event. It gave us all a chance (especially Devon and his sister) to talk about Linda and all the wonderful, loving memories they all have of her life. It is so hard to accept that such terrible things happen to such wonderful people.
Devon's dad eventually got remarried to an AMAZING woman, Mary. I love her with all of my heart, she is like another mother/best friend to me. Mary and Devon's dad are already planning to come up for a week to stay with us after the twins are born. I am beyond thrilled! They are the best, we never have to ask them for anything. They are always offering to help with everything, when they don't have to. They are fantastic people and I cannot express how appreciative I am to have them as my family.
I just rec'd these wonderful pictures in the mail from Aunt B. in Florida. These pics were from their visit to us in Massachusetts a couple of weeks ago. It was a priceless day with alot of laughs, memories and tons of delicous food! I wish I could have had one of those delicious cocktails they were making but I have to say, the ginger ale spritzers that my BIL, Pete, made were just perfect for me. : )))
No comments:
Post a Comment