

I think this is my new name. The time has now come that when I walk into stores, the YMCA..or basically anywhere I strike up a conversation with someone, the same scenerio plays itself out. I get the "shocked-OH-hide-your-shock" look on people's faces. I may just be sensitive, but I remember this look well from my first pregnancy. I recall when I was pregnant with Lilly, I went into a convenient store to buy a bottled water. I was 2 weeks from full term at the time. When I brought my water up to the counter the man behind the counter lifted his arms up and started waving his flat palms in my direction..."Oh, I don't think we're equipped to handle someone like you in here...". Of course he said this with a big smile on his face and I laughed b/c I thought it was funny...but I have to admit, I was borderline embarrassed. And so I'm noticing this silent reaction pretty quickly (and early) with this pregnancy. It's funny, people think I'm full term and I freak them out when they ask when I'm due and I say February 27th. Then their already bugged eyes become even buggier! I let their brains churn until I tell them that I'm having twins. It's become fun, actually. I was at the YMCA with Lilly last week for her Tot Gym Class and all of us parents and children were playing with the multi-colored parachute. One of the father's, with his son, arrived late. Upon his arrival to the parachute, he immediately looked at me and declared "Oh my God, you're still here???". After that comment I became the main attraction and talking point for all the moms and the teacher. Questions from everywhere. It was pretty funny. I'm supposed to go to Boston with my husband and 3 other couples for New Years Eve...oh God, what could be such an incredibly fun night just sounds like pure torture at this moment! Can you imagine the looks I'll get that night? Me in a bedspread-sized glittery tent...soooo gooooorgeous! Happy New Year! ; ))
I have to admit, I truly do not know if I actually have much room left for these babies to grow much bigger. I am getting the painful skin stretching...esp. after I eat. Ouch, it hurts. The symptom list is growing longer day by day. I now have hands that fall asleep every night, a very achey pelvis, horrible sinus pain, back pain, rib pain, daily occurances of racing heart and the latest today...light sciatic pulses I get when walking. They cause my right leg to "give" somewhat. I'm truly a sight. I'm totally "thrilled" b/c I know this is going to get worse with every coming day!..ha..ha. Don't get me wrong, babies! I am over-the-moon that you are coming in 2 months...I cannot wait to rest my eyes on your gorgeous new eager faces. Daddy, Lilly and I dream every waking day about what and who you are going to look like. Lilly seems to think you are going to look like "Pa" and nobody else. So cute. I hope she's right, he is a stunningly handsome man! : ))))
2 comments:
This post makes me feel so much less alone. I can relate to everything, including the skin stretching at night. I really wonder where the babies are going to go in another month. You look great by the way!
You look great! But I feel bad for you with all those aches and pains, but I hope those babies keep baking a little longer. I can't believe how fast our pgs are going?!
Post a Comment