Our Lilly Pod

Our Lilly Pod
She loves to "1..2..3..RUN!!"

About Us

It's me and my handsome husband, Devon, our adorable daughter, Lilly, our sweet dog Stoli and our fat and fabulous cat, Kringle. This is our family and with the help of our fertility guru/genius doctor we are expecting TWO miracle additions in February, 2009. We enjoy our beautiful family and friends and the wonderful life we are lucky enough to have.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Coughing Game

We've had 3 weeks of sleepless nights over here in our sweet little abode. Lilly has been fighting a cold/cough for 3 weeks, yes...not fun. The cold isn't that bad, she doesn't even have a runny nose anymore. The cough...ohhhhhhhhh, the cough! The cough is wreaking havoc on our restful nights and I feel heartbroken for her as she hacks away all night long. She is finishing her antibiotic tomorrow for a double ear infection and she seems totally fine in that regard. I've taken her to the doctor twice for the cough and they keep telling me her chest and lungs sound totally normal. Okay, I get it, the lungs may sound normal...but coughing all night for 3 weeks?? Is THAT normal?? It's such a fine line we walk as parents (or at least me!)... on one hand I want to believe and trust in the doctors taking care of our precious one, but on the other hand I want to scream in their face "Do your job, find the diagnosis and give her a cure...NOW!". So, I've been relegated to scouring the Internet for reasons behind it....could it be asthma? croup? allergies? or just a stubborn cough that is taking it's damn, sweet time? Well if I was a doctor I could tell you, right? (well, you would think!) So Lilly and I got home from a visit with friends today and I stripped everything in her room; blankets, sheets, pillow cases, stuffed animals, certain pajamas she wears...and took them all down to the washer. We'll start there, I guess. I figure, I spent a little over a year trying everything in the fertile book to get pregnant; tried to diagnose my infertility everyday, I can attempt to diagnose my daughter too. We'll see if this works.

So tomorrow I have an ultrasound and a regular ob appointment right after that. I'm excited and nervous all the time for these appointments. My ob says it's time to really start to monitor the growth of the babes. I feel like I'm carrying way low. It's so different than when I carried Lilly. She was so high forever, and she never dropped down (which is mostly why I ended up with a c-section). It makes me feel kind of sad b/c I keep thinking maybe a vbac is possible this time around. My ob just doesn't recommend it at all. As long as they are born healthy, that is all that matters to me!

No comments: