Our Lilly Pod

Our Lilly Pod
She loves to "1..2..3..RUN!!"

About Us

It's me and my handsome husband, Devon, our adorable daughter, Lilly, our sweet dog Stoli and our fat and fabulous cat, Kringle. This is our family and with the help of our fertility guru/genius doctor we are expecting TWO miracle additions in February, 2009. We enjoy our beautiful family and friends and the wonderful life we are lucky enough to have.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Holding Breath: First Offer


We had the craziest, most insane Sunday. First off, we have been showing our house at least 2x's a week. It has been an ass of a time getting this house ready to be seen, it's exhausting. The worst day was about 2 weeks ago when we spent 2.5 hours getting the house ready and we left with Lilly and Stoli (furbaby) in the car and drove by the house to make sure the realtor and the clients got to the house. They did...but they didn't even get out of the car! They didn't realize the house was on a busy street and didn't even want to bother looking at the inside. Devon and I were so frustrated and inconsolable that neither one of us spoke for about an hour. We felt like we hit rock bottom. We were pissed at the realtor for not setting the expectations for their client, pissed that we wasted an entire afternoon getting the house ready, and just down right, plain tired. So we managed to get over it and went on with the rest of our week. Bring us to this past weekend. Devon announced Friday that two separate parties were coming in on Sunday afternoon to see the house. I sighed with the exhausted thought of it but knew we had to dig our heels in and keep going. So we get the house ready and leave. The realtor came by before we left and she was really nice and we gave her a bit of a lowdown on the house. Dev and I leave again with dd and furbaby, drive by 15 mins later and the clients are there and IN the house...one hurdle cleared. So we go to grab an ice cream and look up into the sky and notice huge...wait, not huge...ginormous storm clouds are coming in. PANIC! I left the upstairs windows open....crap. Again, we are silent. The thunder, the lightening and the SERIOUS rain comes pouring down in craploads of humungous buckets!! This was rain you had to stop your car and pull over in b/c you can't see a damn thing and floods are forming in the span of 5 seconds. It was nuts. We decide when these clients are done looking I'll run in and close the windows, regardless of if they are still there or not. So I go in the back door and they are all standing on the deck. Trying so hard with fake humor, I ask them if they noticed the windows open upstairs and how dumb I am for leaving them open. The girl promptly says..."Oh we shut them for you but some water did come in...and (here's the BONUS item) ummm, we moved your garbage can underneath where the water was coming from the ceiling here"...(she points to the ceiling in the mudroom). HUMILIATION! So I mutter "thanks so much!" and rush upstairs to mop up the very slick and dangerous hardwood floors. I was thinking that the showing was a bust but let's salvage what we can for happy party#2 coming in. And can I just tell you that we've lived in this house for 4.5 years and the ceiling that was leaking has only dripped like 3 times the entire time we've lived there. I know, our fault we haven't fixed it...but it really hasn't been an issue and we've been so busy updating the rest of our 100 year old house.


So......here's the finale to my story. Devon had a breakdown after both showings...especially after I told him about the ceiling leaking on top of the windows being open. He was beside himself declaring in spits of rage "We're not showing this house for the rest of August! No luck ever comes our way, we might as well get used to it! I hope the entire ceiling caves in right on top of the next realtor! We can't catch a break anywhere!"....on and on and on...you get the picture. It wasn't pretty. So Devon left for a business trip on Monday and lo and behold he calls me this afternoon and says "You're never going to believe who just called me.....the realtor that brought the leaking roof clients over to see the house. Guess what...they are putting in an offer on our house!!!!!". I am completely dumbfounded right now. I'm in shock. I guess despite everything, they loved our house. Holy crap! We just rec'd the offer and we are going to counter just a bit higher b/c it's really close to what we were expecting. I am just sitting on pins and needles right now and hoping and praying all of this works out. I would give anything to be able to sell now...b/c every month is only going to get harder and harder for me. I am going to be a blimp by Thanksgiving as it is! I'll be lucky if I can carry my underwear out of the house on moving day by then. I'm thinking if this one falls through and we don't sell by October, we will take it off the market and wait a while. It will just be too hard with twins to try to sell. One day at a time!


On another note, I have my first real prenatal ob/gyn appt. tomorrow. I can't wait to hear the midwife tell me that I've already gained too much weight. I'm already using the bella band! Oh, oh, oh....it's not going to be pretty..ha..ha.

No comments: