Our Lilly Pod

Our Lilly Pod
She loves to "1..2..3..RUN!!"

About Us

It's me and my handsome husband, Devon, our adorable daughter, Lilly, our sweet dog Stoli and our fat and fabulous cat, Kringle. This is our family and with the help of our fertility guru/genius doctor we are expecting TWO miracle additions in February, 2009. We enjoy our beautiful family and friends and the wonderful life we are lucky enough to have.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

32 Weeks and 4 Days...and a lovely stomach flu.

Well my stomach flu was 2 days ago...not fun, but not nearly as bad as the one I had when I was pregnant with Lilly. I was scared b/c when I was pregnant with Lil' I ended up in the hospital so dehydrated and lathargic that I didn't care if they cut my head off as long as I was put out of my misery. Thank the good Lord above my stomach flu wasn't that bad this time around. It was "funny", we went to Boston for New Year's...(yes, I went! and it was really fun, actually!) and one of my friend's, Michelle, was standing right next to me and she says in my face "I'm not feeling 100%...I just had the stomach flu two days ago...". Right then and there, I wanted to cry. Just b/c I know me, I'm a magnet to illness...AND...b/c of all the holiday madness, I haven't gotten the flu shot that my doctor told me to get! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to hit myself in the head like they do in the V8 commercials. After Michelle told me she had just had the flu, well I knew it was just a matter of time. Then I was so wired after the New Year's ball dropped (yes, I was astounded that I stayed up that late!) that I had a hard time falling asleep. I actually didn't fall asleep until 3:30am...and this was way after my marvelously intoxicated husband fell asleep, graciously filling up the hotel room with loud, drunken snorts, urgent gasps and breathy exhales. I ended up lying in this gorgeous king-sized bed watching "Lockup", a documentary about the San Quentin prison system. Ummmm, then I really couldn't fall asleep b/c I was headed for nightmares. Note to self and others, "when trying to fall asleep, don't watch a prison documentary featuring mass murderers on death row...". So the lack of sleep and the exposure to the lovely flu virus set me up perfectly for a marvelous bout of the stomach flu that promptly arrived in the middle of the night the following night at home. It woke me in the middle of my sleep and I knew I was doomed. All in all, I fought it bravely and today feel like a million bucks. Thank God...now my husband is fighting it and I'm patiently waiting to see when Lilly will get it. It's probably better she gets it now than later when the babies are here. I'll surely have enough fun on my hands at that point.

Now I am focusing on my panic to "get stuff done" before my panic attacks of going into pre-term labor come true. God, if this happens, we are in deep doo doo. No crib set up, no double stroller or breast pump yet (my incredibly awesome inlaws are buying me these things!), no fresh bottles or binkies, only one swaddle-me from when I had Lilly, no diapers in stock, no extra bundle me carseat cover for other twin, no baby girl long-sleeved onsies, no baby bathtub, no hospital bag packed, need I go on? Am I overreacting? Probably...but who knows, I've never been pregnant with twins before. I'm so far behind from the Christmas and New Year's holidays and I don't know how much energy I have to go shopping by myself. I may need to make a call to my sister, Jamie or my mom to help me. Devon just doesn't "get" how close we are and how much we need. Alright, I'm going to wrap up this post and go get me my new Moby wrap...that'll get me one step closer at least!! Ta ta for now!!! : )))))

1 comment:

Sasha & Mark said...

Ohh! I had that stomach flu on New Year's too-- AWFUL! It only lasted a day, but I was running to the bathroom every hour :( Shame on your friend for getting in your face! DH won't even let me kiss him 5 days later!

Deep breath-- you really only *need* 3 things for the babies: carseat, clothes, and diapers. (Easier said than done, I'm nervous about going early too!)

Good luck! I hope Lily manages to avoid the flu altogether.